A 24-hr Salivary Hormone Test for Assessing Key Hormones
The One Day Hormone Check™ is a convenient salivary hormone test that evaluates unbound, bioavailable hormone levels over 24 hours. Specimens collected over 24 hours are examined for levels of estradiol, estrone, estriol, progesterone, the progesterone/estradiol ratio (P/E2), testosterone, cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin.
The One Day Hormone Check provides information about the impact that shifting hormone levels can have in men (andropause or male menopause) and women (perimenopause and menopause). It can reveal imbalances of primary sex hormones and how they relate to other hormones, such as DHEA, cortisol, and melatonin. Using hormone testing, clinicians can customize hormone and/or nutritional therapies and monitor therapy.
Patients with hormone imbalance may present with:
- Weight loss or gain
- Menstrual irregularities
- Loss of libido
- Changes in hair and skin
- Hot flashes
The One Day Hormone Check salivary assessment offers several advantages for patients presenting with hormone-related symptoms:
- Comprehensive testing: five sex hormone saliva samples collected over a 24-hour period provide the level of estrone (E1), estradiol (E2), estriol (E3), progesterone, the progesterone/estradiol ratio (P/E2), testosterone. Cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin are also measured.
- Reporting: reference and therapeutic ranges enable the physician to choose the optimal reference cohort for their patient
- Patient ease-of-use: saliva collection is a simple, non-invasive, at-home collection. It is ideal when multiple samples are required to be collected over a period of time
To enhance clinical utility, a therapeutic cohort results cover page is provided for the clinician to quickly see where patient results fall in comparison to a cohort of peri/menopausal women treated with bioidentical hormone therapy.
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile (ASP): Four salivary samples measured throughout the day to give insight into the natural circadian diurnal cortisol rhythm, and help clinicians address specific daily stressors.
- Cortisol Awakening Response (CAR): Three awakening samples to evaluate CAR with one evening cortisol sample.
- CAR is a transient, immediate rise in cortisol upon awakening and is distinct from the diurnal rhythm. CAR reflects a person’s ability to cope with anticipated challenges and their perception of control around chronic stress, providing insight into HPA axis resiliency.
- The isolated evening cortisol has distinct clinical implications. Elevated evening cortisol is linked to insomnia and associated with various diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hormonally driven cancers, and osteoporosis.
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile with Cortisol Awakening Response (ASP with CAR): Six samples that offers the most comprehensive look at cortisol and the HPA axis.
Based on Genova’s ongoing commitment to quality assurance, we have updated the calculation for CAR to reflect a direct percentage increase. Most literature demonstrates an expected increase of ≥ 50% (with a range of 50 -150%).
Test Cost: $522.00 – $722.00